- A +

Can I get water testing at the Health Department?

The Genesee County Health Department offers coliform bacteria testing for drinking water or surface water.  The sample MUST be collected in one of our sterile containers, and there is a $15 fee for the test.  A list of alternative laboratories offering coliform bacteria and other testing is available (here).  The State of Michigan laboratory offers a list of mineral, metal and chemical testing.