Smoke-free, Multi-Agency, Resource Team (SMART)
What is the SMART Coalition?
SMART is a coalition dedicated to reducing tobacco use and involuntary exposure to secondhand smoke in Genesee County. SMART's membership consists of prevention agencies, hospital personnel, non-profit agencies and concerned citizens.
How do I become a member of the SMART Coalition?
If you are interested in learning more about the SMART Coalition, would like to attend a meeting or would like to become a member, please contact Ann Goldon at (810) 341-5898 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does SMART work on?
- Community education regarding the dangers of smoking and secondhand smoke.
- Policies that protect residents from secondhand smoke.
- Advocates for local and statewide laws that reduce smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Maintains a current list of local quit tobacco resources.
- Keeps track of local tobacco issues.
- Educates legislators regarding tobacco issues and tobacco prevention funding.
SMART Meeting Schedule
The SMART Coalition meets from 12:00 - 1:30 pm. at the Genesee County Health Department in Conference Rooms 1 - 4. Call (810) 341-5898 to RSVP if you plan to attend. The current meeting schedule is as follows:
- May 10, 2016
- September 12, 2016
- November 14, 2016
- January 9, 2017
Important Tobacco Related Links & Resources
Tobacco Free Michigan - SMART is an active member of Tobacco-Free Michigan (TFM). TFM is a state-wide coalition that works to prevent and reduce tobacco use and its harmful effects in all Michigan communities through education, networking, advocacy and dissemination of research data, with a specific focus on vulnerable populations heavily targeted by the tobacco industry.