Lead Testing Clinic
Please contact your Primary Care Provider (PCP) to request a blood lead screen; they may be able to perform the service in their office or refer you to a laboratory.
If your PCP is unable to perform the service or refer you or your child for a lead screen at a laboratory, please see below:
- Walk-in blood lead screening for children is available at the GCHD Burton Health Center, located at G-3373 S. Saginaw St., Burton 48529.
- Hours are 8-11 am and 1-3 pm, Monday through Friday. Hours may vary; parents should call 810-257-3833 for information.
- A parent or legal guardian must be present at the time of service.
- Bring a copy of the child’s insurance card.
- Parents should note that due to the high number of children being seen for this service, there will be a wait.
- Children will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a possibility that families may need to return on another day if there are several children registered and waiting for the blood-lead screen.
- Parents should call 810-257-3833 for more information.
- Adults requesting a blood lead screen may make an appointment or walk-in at the GCHD Primary Care Clinic, located at 630. S. Saginaw St, Suite 4, Flint 48502.
- Hours are 8-11am and 1-4pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; Tuesday hours are 1-4pm.
- Please bring a copy of your insurance card.
- Due to the high number of people requesting this service, there will be a wait.
- Adults presenting to the clinic for walk-in service will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a possibility that adults may need to return on another day if there are several people registered and waiting for the blood lead screen.
- Please call 810-257-3445 for more information.